Brand New at the Library!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick


Reading Level: Young Adult
(4 out of 5)

I would like to start off by saying I hate cliff hangers. Television shows, movies, and books that leave you hanging are very rude. Especially since most television shows leave you like that over the summer, the next movie doesn't usually come out for another year, and neither does a book. Rude I tell you, but usually well worth the wait. Hush, Hush didn't leave you hanging but Crescendo does. The next book doesn't come out until next fall. That's the end of my rant.

Crescendo picks up two months after Hush Hush left off. It's summer time and Nora is really looking forward to quality time with Patch. But instead of things looking up things are looking down. Patch seems to be pulling away from Nora and she keeps having hallucinations of her father. Someone is after her, and not in a good way. I read this book in a day. I couldn't put it down. I didn't like that Patch and Nora's relationship is in turmoil for pretty much the whole book but once you get to the end you understand why. At least it wasn't like New Moon when Edward totally left and Bella only saw him through hallucinations. Patch is still around and trying to protect Nora. There is a new male character Scott but he didn't make me fall in love with him like Jacob did. Sorry Edward I'm on Team Jacob. I'm on Team Patch. I can't help rooting for the fallen angel with a heart of gold. I can't wait for the next book.

No comments: